Saturday, July 31, 2021

Ps 119 (118):148

קִדְּמ֣וּ עֵ֭ינַי אַשְׁמֻרֹ֑ות

  • RSV:  My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on thy promise
  • NRSV:  My eyes are awake before each watch of the night, that I may meditate on your promise

Praeveniebant oculi mei vigilias

προέφθασαν οἱ ὀφθαλμοί μου πρὸς ὄρθρον

  • Benton:  Mine eyes prevented the dawn, that I might meditate on thine oracles
  • NETS (Pietersma):  My eyes got a headstart at dawn, that I may meditate on your sayings

Praevenerunt oculi mei ad te diluculo

  • Perisho (cf. 2 Cor 9:5 NRSV):  My eyes have gone on ahead to you at daybreak
  • Douay-Rheims:  My eyes to thee have prevented the morning, that I might meditate on thy words
  • Liturgy of the hours:  Dawn finds me ready to welcome you, my God



No comments: