ille tuus unicus, «in quo sunt omnes thesauri sapientiae et scientiae absconditi », redemit me sanguine suo. . . . cogito pretium meum et manduco et bibo et erogo et pauper cupio saturari ex eo inter illos, qui edunt et saturantur. . . .
St. Augustine, Confessiones X.xliii (70), trans. Chadwick. Latin from CCSL 27, 193 ll. 34-38 (cf. CSEL 33, 279 l. 21-280 l. 2).
Friday, July 24, 2026
I eat and drink the price of my redemption
"Your only Son 'in whom are hid all treasures of wisdom and knowledge' (Col. 2:3) had 'redeemed me by his blood' (Rev. 5:9). . . . I think upon the price of my redemption, and I eat and drink it, and distribute it. In my poverty I desire to be satisfied from it together with those who 'eat and are satisfied' (Ps. 61:5)."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment