Monday, December 16, 2013

"I shall make all your sons learned in the Lord"

R/. Misericordia mea non recedet a te, et fœdus pacis meæ non movebitur; * Universi filii tui erunt discipuli Domini, et magna erit pax filiis tuis. 
V/. Ego Dominus Deus tuus, docens te utilia, gubernans te in via qua ambulas. * Universi.
     Versicle and response to the reading from William of Saint Thierry, Office of readings for the Third Monday of Advent.  From Is 54:10, 13 and Is 48:17.  Vulgate:

     misericordia autem mea non recedet
     et foedus pacis meae non movebitur. . . .
     universos filios tuos doctos a Domino
     et multitudinem pacis filiis tuis

     ego Dominus Deus tuus docens te utilia
     gubernans te in via qua ambulas

RSV:

     my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
     and my covenant of peace shall not be removed. . . .
     All your sons shall be taught be the Lord,
     and great shall be the prosperity of your sons.

     I am the Lord your God,who teaches you to profit,
     who leads you in the way you should go.

Liturgy of the hours:

     My mercy will not leave you,
     and the covenant of my peace will not be changed;
     I shall make all your sons learned in the Lord,
     and they shall enjoy a lasting peace.
     I am the Lord your God who teaches you what is good
     and guides you in the path you should walk.
     I shall make . . .


No comments: