Monday, January 18, 2021

"Do but listen to me, O Israel, and I will give you a land flowing with milk and honey."

℟. Hear, O Israel, the precepts of the Lord, and write them on your hearts as in a book, and I will give you a land flowing with milk and honey.

℣. O my people, heed my warning.  Do but listen to me, O Israel, and I will give you a land flowing with milk and honey.

℟. Audi, Israel, praecepta Domini, et ea in corde tuo quasi in libro scribe; Et dabo tibi terram fluentem lac et mel.

℣. Audi, populus meus et contestabor te; Israel, utinam audias me.  Et dabo tibi terram fluentem lac et mel.

     Response to the first reading (from Dt 4:1-8, 32-40), Office of Readings for Monday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time, Liturgy of the hours.  Cited:  Dt 4:1; cf. 6:6, 31:20; Ps 81:8.  But to that Et dabo tibi clause Lev 20:24 Vulgate seems closer to me.  Etc. (I haven't analyzed this in full).

No comments: