Saturday, June 8, 2019

Frank Anthony Spina, diversificator par excellence

"diversity is hardly controversial in academia.  Everyone is in favor of it.  I am, too.  Perhaps a few think that my retirement may enhance SPU's diversity[; that w]hen I leave the faculty will be less white, less male, and much younger.  Be assured that I am not offended.  After all, when I became an Episcopal priest after having been ordained by the Free Methodist Church, I made both denominations more theologically conservative.  This summer I will move to Idaho, at which time I will make two whole states more politically liberal.  Not bad, huh?"

     Frank Anthony Spina, "A Professor’s 'Last Stand' for Diversity" (intellectual diversity, that is), Ivy Cutting, Seattle Pacific University, 7 June 2019.

No comments: